Re: RARA-AVIS: Mickey Spillane RIP

From: foxbrick ( foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Jul 2006

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

> "At the time, the early 1940s, he was scribing for Batman, SubMariner
> and other comics."
>
> Has anyone ever gone back and tracked down (and/or anthologized) his
> comic book stories? Individual comics writers didn't get story
credits
> until decades later, right?

I have the impression he didn't write comics scripts, at least for DC, but did write the vignettes that comics published in those decades to technically qualify as magazines for discounted postage (why they wouldn't be magazines anyway, I know not). Those have been collected and published...by a listmember's press, iirc. If he did write comic scripts before making a splash with Hammer (he certainly did after), I've managed to forget about it.

Todd Mason

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM