RARA-AVIS: Telfair

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 12 Jul 2006

Someone like Bill Crider or James Reasoner can say more about Telfair than I do, but I think his spy series about Monty Nash are funny and fastmoving and very violent. He published also lots of westerns which to my mind are better than the Monty Nashes - I recommend his WYOMING JONES very highly. It's as hardboiled as they come.

Telfair's real name was Richard Jessup under which he published westerns and a novel called A QUIET VOYAGE HOME (1970) which tells about a ship hijacked by hippies. It's very ambivalent about its issues, but there's a funny scene in which someone's reading a spy paperback about Monty Nash.

Juri http://pulpetti.blogspot.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> See what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM