Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Radio

From: Monte Herridge ( mherridge@ev1.net)
Date: 12 Jul 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Crider" < macavityabc@gmail.com> To: < rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:13 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Radio

> Check out Jack Webb in PAT NOVAK FOR HIRE. Best hardboiled parody ever
> put
> on the air, but it's played straight. Maybe it's not even supposed to be
> parody.
>
> One of my favorites as a child was a Hammett creation, THE FAT MAN, but
> only
> six of the U.S. episodes exist. There are a lot of the Australian
> episodes
> of the show available, but I've never listened to them.
>
> Bill Crider

Jack Webb also appeared in another hardboiled detective show in 1948-49 -
"Jeff Regan, Investigator." And Mike Hammer appeared on his own radio show. I don't know how long it ran, but it was titled "That Hammer Guy."

Monte

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM