Re: RARA-AVIS: recent finds

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 12 Jul 2006

Thanks for the info on Telfair, Bill. Speaking of pseudonyms, inside one of the Lionel Whites I picked up, written in pencil under the price is "AKA: Nick Carter." Did he do some Carters?

I also need to start carrying a list of who wrote which Brett Halliday books. They had several of those, but I don't really know which are the better ones. (They didn't have the one I know I want, the one Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is -- I'm guessing very, very loosely -- based on.) I would like to get the ones written by Dennis Lynds. I almost picked up a couple with McGinnis covers, but they were too beat up. And boy were the '70s (I guess) covers obnoxious, photos with a supposedly hip Mike Shayne with semi-long blonde hair. They were almost as bad as the similar Shell Scott covers from the period.

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM