RARA-AVIS: *A Key to the Suite*

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Jul 2006

Jeff said:

>>It almost seems as though JDM got almost to the
end of Key to the Suite and realized that he was intending to write a crime novel, but no crime had been committed. Then he creates a situation that's so hopelessly convoluted 17 pages before the end that you wonder what the hell the denouement will be.<<

I did not think of *A Key to the Suite* as mystery or noir novel but as a mainstream novel.

Possible that the editor said, "Johnny Boy, you're a crime writer. Let's see what you can do to make it seem like a crime novel."

To me, the denouement and theme is that a man discovers that once he's been unfaithful to his wife, it gets eaiser and easier to do. But maybe that is where I was in life at the time--Young enough to be under constant temptation.

Jeff

http://www.jackbludis.com
"Shadow of the Dahlia" Try MysteryLovesCompany.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM