Re: RARA-AVIS: Families as hostages in bank jobs

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 25 May 2006

DJ-Anonyme@webtv.
> So, my questions are:
>
> When did this start showing up in books? Was Disher the first?
>
> And does this happen in real life? I don't remember reading about it in
> the papers. Seems there's a lot of added exposure there.

Mark,

I cannot answer your first question. As for the second one, it's definitely yes and even a real contemporary problem over here in France and especially in Belgium. It was standard procedure for small gangs to "hijack" the family of the bank employee
(and take them from home in a car) during night or very early morning, and to force the employee (by a separate crew of gangsters) to open the agency and the safes. These professional gangs were known for their violence and as potential killers, most of them from the Eastern countries of the "new" EU. Why Belgium? The border is never far in this very small country having a very high density of population. Early this year the frequency for such robberies with kidnapping was one a week. And we are waiting for the Romanians to join the EU...

E.Borgers POLAR NOIR http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

___________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Mail r驮vente le mail ! D飯uvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface r鶯lutionnaire. http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free. See how. http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM