Re: RARA-AVIS: Jerome Charyn - graphic novels - autobiography

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 19 May 2006

Wow, I wouldn't be surprised if he was at the Frontignan Noir Festival in France two summers ago, and I just don't remember. Graphic novels were really big, and there were several artists and writers. Not speaking much French, I was in sensory overload most of the time, and could have easily missed him. Jason Starr, Joe Lansdale, Stella Duffy, and I were there, with two other really good Am. writers, Craig and Michael. (can't remember last names at the moment--Jason, help?) for a panel, and it was wonderful fun, although we didn't understand our questions very well and worked our butts off sitting at the signing tables, and stuffing ourselves with food and wine during every spare moment. (Jason probably remembers the names, but he might be too busy touring to read this.) If anybody is traveling in the south of France in June, they have the festival every year--totally noir--and it would be an interesting place to stop. They have a website--Frontignan Noir Festival--all in French, of course. Vicki

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Everything you need is one click away.  Make Yahoo! your home page now. http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM