Re: RARA-AVIS: Gischler's Shotgun Opera

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 16 May 2006

Hi, Miker, Sorry--It was Pistol Poets you mentioned. However, that was actually my favorite Gischler book because of the university setting--some of my favorite subject matter. The professor characters and the possibility of a street criminal getting into classes on a stolen scholarship seemed very real to me--great dark comedy. Of course, there's normally less bloodshed among the poetry crowd! I don't want to ruin it for anyone, because it's not effective to quote it out of context, but one of my favorite lines of all times comes at the very end of Chapter 10. So descriptive, humorous, and perfectly in character. Look back and tell me if that isn't great! Vicki

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free. See how. http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM