Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: The Popularity of the Private Investigator

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 19 Feb 2006

Dick wrote:

"My guess is that we may be seeing a fictional private eye or two on TV in the near future."

Here's hoping, but most of the recent ones have been gone in the blink of an eye -- Snoops, Eyes, etc. Several didn't even get that far -- I now David Mills worked on pilots for two PI series, one featuring Easy Rawlins, the other a vehicle for Jimmy Smits. Veronica Mars is the only recent one I can think of that has lasted into a second season. On the other hand, Rockford Files is finally out on DVD, with the second season due in the ot too distant future. (When's someone going to pt out Harry O, though? Or Brimstone, which was sort of a fantasy PI show.)

"He may behave a little more like Angel Martin than Jim Rockford, but it's the thought that counts."

That's what we need, someone to do for PIs what Vic Mackey has done for
(to?) cops.

Mark