Re: RARA-AVIS: Watcha readin'?

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Feb 2006

Chris M wrote:

But I don't have the compulsion to read them all in order and as quickly as I can, like I do for many other series.

************ When I find an author I really like, I generally try to space out his work over a long period. Gives me something to look forward to. Definitely the case with Cormac McCarthy, although I've been losing control and going through his quicker than I'd like.

Same with Michael Connelly. I'm reading A Darkness More Than Night right now. Wonderful book, even though I found one plot turn a bit difficult to swallow. Although I'm partial to the early Bosch novels, I've enjoyed everything I've read by Connelly.

Shifting gears here, I went to see Hostel about a month or so ago. One of the previews of shows to come was Hard Candy, which I assume is a movie of Vachss's book. It's been a long time since I read it, but none of the previews seemed even remotely familiar.

miker