Re: RARA-AVIS: Special events for 2006?

From: R. & J. Clinton ( clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 19 Jan 2006

Might be fun to have some sort of discussion, rememberances, etc. about two of the publishers that, in my mind, had more impact on the type of fiction we all enjoy...and, in fact, introduced it to many of us in the first place
(depending on your generation): Gold Medal and Black Lizard. Perhaps a month for each one, or just combine the two into one month's event. History of each, how they came about, who the star players were for each (both writers and publishing staff), sales figures, myths that surround them, etc. etc.

I for one would love to know more about each of these outfits, especially if we're able to involve those who were involved, either directly or peripherally.

Ron C.