RARA-AVIS: Re: Mystery Monthly June 1976/ Moore

From: Richard Moore ( moorich2@aol.com)
Date: 16 Jan 2006

Thanks Joy, that makes my day! If you have the newspaper reporterish cover, it is the second edition with the blood on the typewriter cover. The first cover had a long cigarette ash that burned down from an ashtray into drops of blood. It proved to me the artist had read the story. When I wrote the novel I was quitting smoking and to compensate I had my first person protagonist light up every time I wanted a cigarette. As I craved a smoke every waking minute, my character became a chain-smoker.

Glad you are enjoying it.

Richard Moore