Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled Journalists

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 09 Jan 2006

Claus write:

"My favorite is the investigative reporter "Fletch" created by Gregory McDonald. So far, eleven novels belong to this serial, and McDonald has won two Edgar Awards for the first and second novel. Highly recommended."

Although I later lost track of the series, I loved those first few books. At one point I had the first page of Fletch memorized. It was such a grabber that they simply reprinted it on the cover. Got me to buy it.

Oh, don't judge the books by Chevy Chase's goofy take on them. It would have been interesting if Kevin Smith (not our Kevin Smith, but the director of Clerks, et al) had been able to make his Fletch adaptation, but I understand it fell through.

Mark