RARA-AVIS: Hal Masur

From: Douglas Greene ( dgreene@odu.edu)
Date: 05 Jan 2006

Masur was a very genial and congenial person. I corresponded with him in the 1980s and he kindly inscribed my copies of his bfooks -- and sent me one as a gift.

Besides THE NAME IS JORDAN, he had a couple short stories published dos a dos (if that's the correct term by Gary Lovisi:.

DIG MY GRAVE/SHROUD ME NOT Brooklyn: Gryphon Books (Double Novel 10), 1994. One story, featuring Scott Jordan, is from Private Eye Magazine, 1953; the second, featuring Harvey St. John (who seems to have been a series character), is from Ten Detective Aces, 1948.

Doug

Douglas G. Greene Professor of History Old Dominion University Norfolk, VA 23529-0091 Phone 757 683-3949