RARA-AVIS: Re: Short Stories

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 04 Jan 2006

Michael Witty wrote:

> I have worked my way though all the short
> stories published in the Thrilling Detective site and
> wonder when there is going to be another batch
> published. They make good reading.

Well, thank ye kindly, Michael. Rumours of my death weren't so much exaggerated as slightly premature.

Anyway, not sure why you're asking here on Rara-Avis about what's going on on the THRILLING DETECTIVE WEB SITE, but since you did, let me assure you a new issue is coming up soon with some new stories, a too-late-to-do-anyone-any-good Christmas Gift Guide, our annual Cheap Thrills Awards (where we'll dissect the best-of and the rest-of 2005's P.I. fiction) and all sorts of stuff to waste your cyber-time with.

The delay has been much discussed by myself in other places, so here's the condensed version, suitable for framing or wrapping fish: the wheels fell off in December, but we hope to be back on track in a few days.

Wheels or not.

One monkey may not stop no show, but when it all comes down to one poor sick little monkey, the show may occasionally be delayed.

In the meantime, those looking for evidence of this particular little monkey's current state of mind can check out the THRILLING DETECTIVE BLOG at http://thrillingdetectiveblog.blogspot.com/

Bring beer. Blogging's thirsty work.

Kevin