RARA-AVIS: Re: Trevanian dead

From: briannthorntonn ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 19 Dec 2005

Thanks for posting this, Jim (and congratulations on your active status in MWA).

I read "Shibumi" when I was 15 or 16. I was blown away by it. I tried to read "The Main" as a follow-up, but it didn't hold my teen-aged attention. Come to think of it, the hero's girlfriend in
"Shibumi" might have been a large part of what kept me turning the pages. Ah, youth!

Perhaps it's time I gave "The Main" another whack, although my attention span might be a bit shorter, what with turning 40, and all.
 Anyone else delved into Trevanian's works? I was always impressed with the fact that his books sold so well without him needing to do anything much to publicize them.

Best-

Brian Thornton

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season! http://us.click.yahoo.com/.6dcNC/.VHMAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM