Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads

From: John Williams ( johnwilliams@ntlworld.com)
Date: 30 Oct 2005

> On deck: Temperance Town by John Williams; Little Girl Lost by Richard
> Aleas; I Spit on Your Grave by Boris Vian (forward by Sallis!); Lady
> Yesterday by Esltemen; and After You with the Pistol by Kyril Bonfiglioli
> (anyone read these?).

After You With The Pistol is wonderful - comic and sad - midway between PG Wodehouse and Derek Raymond.. However it is the second - and arguably weakest - part of a trilogy that benefits from being read in order. The first part was called Don't Point That Thing At Me in Britain and something else (Mortdecai's Endgame??) in the US.

John