RARA-AVIS: Ĭ䠊䴤 J䬫i䠡nd other novls by Gil Brewe

From: George Tuttle ( noirfiction@whoever.com)
Date: 21 Jul 2005

I am still working on that Gil Brewer bibliography and, now, I have moved on to Finland. Helsinki University's union catalog database lists 15 books by Gil Brewer. Most of the entries are very straight forward. There were two I found a little confusing:
  Kuuma, Kaunis Ja kiihkeä ¨Memory Of Passion); Publication: Tampere: Sarjakustannus, 1965; Series: Tuplaj䮮䲩 5; translation by Leena Salminen. This edition is bound with Raju Rakkauteni (My Love Is Violent) by Thomas B. Dewey, right?

And second: Omaan Ansaan; Publication: Vaasa: Vaasa Oy, 1968; Series: Ilvessarja 87; translation by J.V. Ilkka. Which Brewer work is this a translation? The database notes: "Other Titles: Give me this woman"

Also, are there any Finnish edition I should add?

If you check my website (go to noirfiction.info, click on the Gil Brewer button, then novels, and other editions), you will find citations for the following: Paholainen On Nainen (Satan Is A Woman), Kuoleman Leikkitoveri (So Rich, So Dead), Nä©® Unta Murhasta (Flight To Darkness), Kullan T䨤en (Hell's Our Destination), Huuto Yö³³¤ (And The Girl Screamed), Nyt Sinun On Kuoltava (And The Girl Screamed - yes, a second translation), Painajaisuni (The Angry Dream), TyttöŠŠˆurjana (Little Tramp), Ĭ䠊䴤 J䬫iä ¨Wild), Et Ole Vaimoni (Play It Hard), Kuuma, Kaunis Ja Kiihkeä ¨Memory Of Passion from the Lepohetki-taskukirjat series), Kiihkeä Žaaras (Hungry One), and Alastomat Ja Kuumaveriset.

Sorry I don't have any cover scans at this point. Though I'd be eager to add a couple if some has something to contribute. Thanks.

George the Librarian