RARA-AVIS: Les romans de Gil Brewer

From: George Tuttle ( noirfiction@whoever.com)
Date: 15 Jul 2005

I need information on all the various editions of novels by Gil Brewer for my comprehensive bibliography of this noir fiction writer. To get to my Gil Brewer webpage, go to http://noirfiction.info, click on the Gil Brewer link at the bottom. To get to my list of various editions, click the Novels button and then one of the Other Editions links.

I've got a good start, but you will find many gaps. Let's take French editions, for example, at this point, I have 3 listed when it should be more like 8. I currently have entries for : Satan Est Une Femme (Satan Is A Woman) Gallimard, 1954, S鲩e Noire 199 En Voiture Pour L'Enfer (Hell's Our Destination) Gallimard, 1957, S鲩e Noire 381 M⴩n鳠De Zoulous (And the Girl Screamed) Gallimard, 1957, S鲩e Noire 386, Translation by: Pierre B駵in

Before I add more entries I want to make certain that I attribute them to the right book. (yes, some are obvious but I would rather get a verification from someone who may have seen the book)

Entries I need to add: La Machine A D飯udre (A Killer Is Loose) Gallimard, 1955, S鲩e Noire 248 L'Echarpe Rouge, Gallimard, 1972, S鲩e Noire 1519 Plus Morts Que Riches, Gallimard, 1961, S鲩e Noire 674 Plus Morts Que Riches, Denoel 1953, Oscar 16 Pas De Boulettes, Gallimard, 1973, S鲩e Noire 1583 13 French Street, Minerve, 1985 (Is this really a French language edition?) La Dame Est Un Tr鳯r, Inter-Police 1961, Inter-Police 49

Any help is greatly appreciated. Feel free to cite any omissions, French or other. Also feel free to e-mail me directly. Thanks