RARA-AVIS: Re: Fast Lane

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 05 Jul 2005

Btw. Anyone interested in reading a short story of mine featuring Johnny Lane during his better days can find it at:

http://www.thrillingdetective.com/fiction/02_10_02.html

I wrote this partly to be a smart aleck (anyone reading this and then Fast Lane will realize why) and partly as an experiment to see if I could do a Lew Archer-type story.

Dave Zeltserman

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@w... wrote:
> I finished Dave Zeltserman's Fast Lane last night. Quite a read.
It's
> really something how this unreliable, or is he, narrator pulls you
in.

> SEMI-SPOILERS (I'm not giving away any specifics, but in dealing
with
> the plotting in general, I hint at some things I'm not sure I
would have
> wanted to know before I read it.)
>
> Johnny Lane's folksy voice immediately made me think of Thompson's
Lou
> Ford. So I was suspicious of how reliable he was as a narrator
from the
> very beginning. However, I was wondering whether Lane was just
fooling
> the directly addressed reader or himself, too. It becomes
increasingly