Re: RARA-AVIS: Cold Service

From: jobrien892@aol.com
Date: 20 May 2005

In a message dated 5/20/2005 7:45:54 PM US Mountain Standard Time, bcrider@houston.rr.com writes:

> I'm probably the only one around who still reads Robert B. Parker
> regularly,
> so I thought I'd mention that his new Spenser novel, COLD SERVICE, fits
> right into the discussion of "town tamer" novels.

I agree totally with the esteemed Mr. Crider. I just finished Cold Service and thought how it tied in with the recent town tamer discussion but since I'm usually embarrassed to post on this list filled with experts, I kept my mouth shut. Cold Service is also interesting in that Hawk is in charge of the "town taming" and Spenser plays the role of loyal sidekick.

Jeff in the desert

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM