Re: RARA-AVIS: Buena Costa County

From: Dennis Lynds ( dennislynds@cox.net)
Date: 20 May 2005

Mark,

>From Faulkner, I suppose. And, as with Faulkner, there are recurring
characters. In fact there would have to be, as in any series. If there is a difference, I suppose it would be that both the central characters of each book, AND the central investigator, are different in each book and do not recur. In general, only the background characters recur: the Sheriff, the County Prosecutor, maybe the Mayor, police chief, etc. and often as opponents and hindrances for the protagonist investigator. (But, of course, since I am writing novels, not playing a game, I don't always stick to the rules, and Lee Beckett does assume central stage again. What I would have done if the series had continued, I have no idea. But I think I would have tried to continue to focus on different sections, attributes, and social communities of the county itself.) Another difference is that the landscape and society of the county itself affects the the plot line and characters.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: < DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net> To: < rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 9:17 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Buena Costa County

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM