Re: RARA-AVIS: Lynds Cover Blurb

From: Dennis Lynds ( dennislynds@cox.net)
Date: 14 May 2005

Mark,

I thought of it as a step sideways into novels of ethics rather than metaphysics. And possibly a step down in that it was done to make money.
(One of the peculiar things about authors is that they don't always know why they chose any particular path. They may think they do, and then realize later that it was far more complex than that.)

Now I know that the detective or crime novel is in actuality the perfect form for the social novel, and that was why I chose it. You might even say it chose me. And what happened over the years was that my "literary" work began to creep into my genre work more and more. At the same time, that detective voice started to invade my mainstream work.

I guess we wre what we are and sooner or later that is going to come out.

I got, and still get, grief from everyone. No one in the business wants to offend or confuse potential readers by having strong views, or any views at all. The only folks I have nearly always done well with are critics and reviewers.

Dennis-Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: < DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net> To: < rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 5:28 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Lynds Cover Blurb

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM