RARA-AVIS: Michael Collins, Mark Sadler, William Arden, etc

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 11 May 2005

I have a few questions for Dennis Lynds about pseudonyms. First, why do you use them?

Obviously, you are stuck with house names when you write about Michael Shayne, for instance (although you used your own name for the revived Charlie Chan, the first of which I saw in a store over the weekend). Are the rest to brand your various series, so you know it's a Dan Fortune novel when it has Michael Collins on the cover? Because, I must say, as a reader, I would have appreciated a clue that you had other names when I ran out of Fortune novels. It was years before I found out you were also Mark Sadler and tracked down those books.

Also, how do you chose the aliases? Do the names have significance, or are they just chosen at random?

By the way, I'm about to start my first book by Dennis Lynds. As I said above, I've read, and greatly enjoyed, the Michael Collins and Mark Sadler books, but never anything under your own name. I've had Uptown Downtown for a while and thought I'd finally read it while you're visiting.

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM