RARA-AVIS: Blackmailers etc.

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 04 May 2005

Please bear in mind that Chandler himself didn't want
"Blackmailers Don't Shoot" to be reprinted. It was published only in the nineties. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly positive about this.) Or the late eighties. It was one of his cannibalized stories, one which he took stuff out from to use in
"Farewell My Lovely".

And it is an awful story. It doesn't read like Chandler at all. It's been years since I've read his other early stories, but I remember thinking about this one that it could've gone unreprinted for years to come.

Juri http://pulpetti.blogspot.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM