RE: RARA-AVIS: commercial and noir

From: Chris M ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 29 Apr 2005

Vicki -

Thank you for bringing this up. This a great topic to noodle and it's interesting to see that you (our expert of the month) grapples with this as well.

>From the perspective of a non-writer who reads tons of hardboiled and noir,
there are times when I prefer the latest from Michael Connelly or Val McDermid simply because I know I'll be lost in the manic twists and turns they are so great at including in their books. This is not damning with faint praise as I also think they creat terrific characters . But the experience of reading one of their books is certainly different than reading, say, Blood Meridian or even The Last Good Kiss.

Chris

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM