Re: RARA-AVIS: The Confession wins Edgar

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 29 Apr 2005

>From MWA's release:

And the Winners Are...
 BEST NOVEL

California Girl by T. Jefferson Parker (William Morrow)

BEST FIRST NOVEL BY AN AMERICAN AUTHOR

Country of Origin by Don Lee (W.W. Norton & Company)

BEST PAPERBACK ORIGINAL

The Confession by Domenic Stansberry (Hard Case Crime)

BEST CRITICAL/BIOGRAPHICAL

The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Short Stories edited by Leslie S. Klinger (W.W. Norton & Company)

BEST FACT CRIME

Conviction: Solving the Moxley Murder: A Reporter and a Detective's Twenty-Year Search for Justice by Leonard Levitt (Regan Books)

BEST SHORT STORY

"Something About a Scar" - Anything You Say Can and Will Be Used Against You by Laurie Lynn Drummond (HarperCollins)

BEST YOUNG ADULT

In Darkness, Death by Dorothy & Thomas Hoobler (Philomel Books)

BEST JUVENILE

Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett (Scholastic Press)

BEST PLAY

Spatter Pattern (Or, How I Got Away With It) by Neal Bell
(Playwrights Horizons)

BEST TELEVISION EPISODE TELEPLAY

Law & Order: Criminal Intent - "Want", Teleplay by Elizabeth Benjamin. Story by René ‚alcer & Elizabeth Benjamin

BEST TELEVISION FEATURE OR MINI-SERIES TELEPLAY

State of Play by Paul Abbott (BBC America)

BEST MOTION PICTURE SCREENPLAY

A Very Long Engagement - Screenplay by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, based on the Novel by S颡stien Japrisot (2003 Productions)

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Damien <pizerule@y...> wrote:
> Actually Sarah states that THE CONFESSION won for Best PBO. I'm
sure Bill's post was a slip of the typing digits.

> Damien
>
> DJ-Anonyme@w... wrote:
> Bill wrote:
>
> "I see from Ms. Weinman's blog and her up-to-the-minute Edgar news
that
> THE CONFESSION by Domenic Stansberry won the 2005 Edgar for best
first
> novel."
>
> But it's not Stansberry's first novel.
>
> Mark

Service.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM