RE: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis---

From: mherridge@HTCOMP.NET
Date: 22 Apr 2005

---- Original Message ---- From: frammis2005@yahoo.com To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis---"Retreat From Oblivion" Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 04:19:46 -0000

>Hello, I'm really glad I stumbled onto this yahoo group. It looks
>great in here, and it looks like there's lots of cool info here.
>
>I'm a student who's writing my thesis on David Goodis and Jim
>Thompson, and I have a question for everyone. Does anyone know where
>could get a copy (xeroxed?, paperback, hardback, matchbook,
>ANYTHING!!) of Goodis' first novel, "Retreat From Oblivion". Or at
>least a copy that's not three thousand dollars. I know this is pretty
>
>much a long shot, but I thought this would be the place to get an
>answer.
>
>thanks for any help,
>
>RS

Can't you borrow a copy through inter-library loan? I checked Worldcat, and it seems that these libraries have copies of the book:

UNIV OF ARIZONA AZU   DC LIBRARY OF CONGRESS LNN   LA UNIV OF NEW ORLEANS LNU   NC DUKE UNIV LIBR NDD   OH OHIO STATE UNIV, THE

Monte Herridge

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM