RARA-AVIS: Hardluck; G.H. Otis

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 21 Apr 2005

Dave, the comic is pretty nice! The whole issue looks good, but I don't have the time now to read all the stories. I will, in the near future.

One minor point: Gary Lovisi says this in his interview:

"guy named G.H. Otis wrote 2 fast, hard books for Lion I love, Bourbon Street (the better of the two) and Hot Cargo, also great fun."

There was a writer called Otis Hemmingway Gaylord, who is surely behind G.H. Otis. Besides these two, he wrote the novelization of Boetticher's "The Rise and Fall of Legs Diamond" (1960), some sex paperbacks and Westerns as by Peter Dawson when the real Dawson had died (= in the sixties). I've read or skimmed through some of this Westerns. They are not very good, but maybe his hour was before this. Nice to hear about his discovery!

FWIW, both G.H. Otis titles are from 1953.

Juri http://pulpetti.blogspot.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM