Re: RARA-AVIS: Spring Bank Job issue of Hardluck is now online

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 20 Apr 2005

Chris,

Reed's interview's a good one, so is Gary Lovisi's, and I have to think that his would be very interesting to this group. Gary, as editor of Gryphon books, which includes Hardboiled and Paperback Parade, knows hardboiled and noir and has published most of the biggies in the hardboiled space. Gary's also a pretty damn good writer, pure hardboiled pulp-type stuff, and has a story up for an Edgar this year - and also contributed a story to this issue of Hardluck.

Along with the interviews, I highly recommend the stories in this issue. Without any exaggeration, this is an exceptional collection of hardboiled stories - better than the last half dozen anthologies I've paid money for!

At a personal level, I'd love to get some feedback offline for the noir comic book Jean-Pierre and myself put together (mostly Jean- Pierre!)

-Dave Zeltserman

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Chris M" <cptpipes@h...> wrote:

> I enjoyed the Reed Coleman interview. I was not familiar with him
until The
> James Deans came out, and I was able to find the other two Moe
Prager books

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM