RE: RARA-AVIS: Noir List

From: Chris M ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 11 Apr 2005

Thanks to everyone who listed their favorite noir tales.

I have little of my own to contribute since so many of my favorites (Down by the River, The Big Nowhere, The Last Good Kiss, Tapping the Source, Give us a Kiss, The Long-Legged Fly, etc.) have already been listed. I listed the once above because they've I've read them all more than once and will probably read them all again someday.

Ray Ring is new to me, so I'll look forward to checking out Arizona Kiss.

I also read Denise Mina for the first time last week and thought Garnethill was terrific. I'm looking forward to reading more by her.

Another fairly recent noir story that I loved and would add to any list is Hollowpoint by Rob Reuland.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM