Re: RARA-AVIS: Women noir writers

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 09 Apr 2005

I agree, I wouldn¹t drink it either... This part of France is very beautiful and very hospitable and not completely corrupted by the travel/vacation industry and retains a friendly and
Œauthentic¹ character...as an indication I add here as a Œguide¹ for future travels you might want to do, a kind of intro to some places in France and some ways to navigate and stay in France cheaply and interestingly. This is a kind of compilation of many e-mails I sent to friends throughout the years and I put it into this form about 5 years ago...(It does not have any connection to the subjects written about in rara-avis, just about travel in france)

The critique Thierry Godefroy in Mauvais Genres gave both your books a 7/10 grade and were very good; they can be found at: http://www.mauvaisgenres.com/vicky_hendrix.htm (they are in French of course) The one on Sky Blues says at the end: A good book that makes us regret the absence of translation in French of her two previouus novels Iguana Love­99 and Voluntary madness-01 and the last line on Miami Purityy says: the raw lighht that it (the book) brings on female sexuality radiates with strength and authenticity even if it is not truly innovative...

Voilம.

Montois

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM