Re: RARA-AVIS: Too Much Monkey Business for Me To Be Involved In...

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 08 Apr 2005

The orangutan problem was back in '95, I guess, because it was the cover of Gone Wild that was in question. Jim never said why they didn't like the little monkey, but B and N told the publisher they wouldn't sell the book if it was on there. The orang was replaced with some keys.To me, this was somewhat scary, in case they would decide they don't like lewd sexual scenes in my own case, or who knows what else. It could have come from one person in the company, however, who knows? I've never heard of anything like it again. I could write to George Pelecanos and ask him what his rumor is about. Would the person who mentioned it give me the specific hearsay again? I don't have that e-mail anymore. Vicki

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM