Re: RARA-AVIS: Women noir writers

From: Jean-Pierre Jacquet ( jacquet@optonline.net)
Date: 07 Apr 2005

I was intrigued by Vicki Hendicks admittance that Miami Purity was at first an exercise in style with gender reassignments, using the Postman Always Ring Twice as a canvas, an exercise completed 50 years earlier
(news to me) by Camus in the Stranger. The French reviews of MP fail to notice this homage/wink. For my money, this homage makes the book all the more juicy, even if fluids, bodily and cleaning, are already aplenty. jpj On Apr 7, 2005, at 2:31 PM, Steve Novak wrote:

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM