Re: RARA-AVIS: Iguana Love

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 06 Apr 2005

-----Original Message----- From: thebradstevens < bradstevens22@hotmail.com> Sent: Apr 6, 2005 11:03 AM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Iguana Love

Newton Thornburg's CUTTER AND BONE (which I was discussing on this board a few days ago) seems to me to be the definitive noir novel. I can't imagine anything more perfect.

I'd also recommend Robert Stone's DOG SOLDIERS, and virtually anything by Charles Willeford, but especially THE SHARK-INFESTED CUSTARD and PICK-UP.

You've got very good taste, Brad. I'm going to search out your books and pick them up. The one on Hellman sounds particularly interesting to me. I've been a fan of his for a long time. Glad you wrote it.

I'd also add Kem Nunn's name to the list of writer's Vicki might like. You can't go wrong with his first, TAPPING THE SOURCE, or his latest, TIJUANA STRAITS (or, for that matter, any of them in between).

TL

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM