Re: RARA-AVIS: Iguana Love

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 06 Apr 2005

Bienvenue Vicki sur L¹Oiseau Rare... I¹m one of the foreign ones on it although I have lived in the States for decades...from France originally...

Here¹s an answer to your request for info on where to find Œpolars¹ (romans policiers)...

...and, if you read French, I strongly recommend the following websites which will have extensive lists of Œnoir¹ novels to be read, past and present...there are also some very good discussion groups in French which I belong to also for years but I¹ll wait to know if you read Œfrogtalk¹ before I send those to you.... These websites have also numerous links to either bookstores or second hand stores from Paris to the provinces and the internet, where you can get the novels...

http://www.mauvaisgenres.com/index.htm probably the most complete website anywhere on the whole murder mystery/noir/roman populaire...all definitions and categories combined...a superior website...

http://www.rayonpolar.com/ excellent

http://www.noircommepolar.com/f/index.php excellent too with a link called
ŒLa Biblioth豵e Id顬e¹ which of course means Œthe ideal library

http://www.agglo-sqy.fr/polar/dans_le_monde/index.htm an index of Œpolar¹ sites in the world...some of them might be either outdated or closed...

http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir/ very well organized and covers films too

http://www.romanpolicier.com/ good

http://www.entre2noirs.com/ polar bookstore http://www.au-troisieme-oeil.com/ polar bookstore (for many years in Paris
- the owner is a writer and critique himself)

Bienvenue again,

Steve Novak Le Montois de D鴲oit Cin鼁 HREF="mailto:frog@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20RARA-AVIS:%20Iguana%20Love&replyto=BE79B3CF.82C%25Cinefrog@comcast.net">frog@comcast.net

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM