Re: RARA-AVIS: Iguana Love

From: Kerry J. Schooley ( gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com)
Date: 06 Apr 2005

At 10:20 PM 05/04/2005 -0600, you wrote:

>Heh, heh. I'm lucky enough to have a signed copy of _Iguana Love_,
>purchased at LCC 2001 in Anchorage after listening to a panel on sex
>featuring Ms. Hendricks, Lauren Henderson, Anne Perry and ?Sinclair
>Browning?

I have a similar memory of buying a copy of Iguana Love after a Tart Noir panel at the 2001 Bouchercon in Washington, and rushing to have it signed.

Vicki gave me a doubtful look and asked if I'd read the book, did I know what it was about. I hadn't read it of course, but told her I'd been inspired by her appearance on the panel.

"All right," she said, scrawling "Beware of iguana women" with a look that suggested she might herself be uneasy meeting face-to-face the type of man who would enjoy this particular kind of book, which I subsequently did.

Or maybe I just smelled bad. Much of that weekend is now a blur. But the book lived up to my hopes for a dark story revolving around the politics of sexual expression and fantasy. I haven't read another of her books since, but this discussion has reminded me to stop waiting for the return of Robin Hudson and order more Hendricks from my favourite bookseller.

Wonder what sort of look he'll give me.

Best, Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM