Re: RARA-AVIS: Iguana Love

From: Ivan Van Laningham ( ivanlan@pauahtun.org)
Date: 06 Apr 2005

Hi All--

William Denton wrote:

> We were talking about gender inversion, and there's a lot of that here.
> Vicki, could you tell us a bit about what's going on with Ramona? On page
> three she sneaks away from her husband and picks up a guy in a bar. By
> the end she's practically turned into a man. In fact the more I think
> about what she does, the more twisted and dark it all gets. There was
> nothing like this in the old days, either in point of view or language.
> I still feel a bit dirty.

Heh, heh. I'm lucky enough to have a signed copy of _Iguana Love_, purchased at LCC 2001 in Anchorage after listening to a panel on sex featuring Ms. Hendricks, Lauren Henderson, Anne Perry and ?Sinclair Browning? I _think_ it was moderated by Joyce Christmas. Nah, I think my mind's flaking out. Vicki? Do you remember who else was on that panel?

What I remember for certain is that it was perhaps the most well-attended panel of the convention, and it was certainly the noisiest. Occupants of conference rooms on either side of us complained about their panels being drowned out by the laughter.

Anyway, _Iguana Love_ remains the only Hendricks I've read, but I own them all. They're in the TBR pile, nearing the top.

<wishing-for-a-time-warp>-ly y'rs, Ivan
---------------------------------------------- Ivan Van Laningham God N Locomotive Works http://www.andi-holmes.com/ http://www.foretec.com/python/workshops/1998-11/proceedings.html Army Signal Corps: Cu Chi, Class of '70 Author: Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM