RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Welcome to Vicki Hendicks, guest of honour

From: GERLACH, Steve ( steve.gerlach@sma.com.au)
Date: 05 Apr 2005

G'day and welcome Vicki, from Australia.

Before starting work on my latest novel, LAKE MOUNTAIN, I read all of your work once again, and found that I enjoyed it even more the second (and sometimes third) time around. I did this to prime my main character's voice
(she narrates the novel) and to make her more realistic. I was worried that creating a novel in 1st person female POV (something I'd never done before) was going to stretch my skills as a writer. Reading your novels gave me the style and mood that I wanted. It gave me confidence and the knowledge of how to handle Amber, my narrator.

I'm happy to say LAKE MOUNTAIN is due out this month in hardback in the US, and I have you to thank for that, Vicki. :)

I don't want this to sound like an advert for my work. I just simply want to let Vicki know that her novels inspire other writers in their own craft, and for that she should be proud! Thanks again, and enjoy your stay here on the list!

Cheers from Down Under,

Steve

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM