Re: RARA-AVIS: Sin City

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 02 Apr 2005

I liked Sin City. Visually it's stunning, the stories are juvenile and comic bookish, but a fun movie. I never read the Sin City graphic novels, but it sort of reminded me of an EC comic book. No where near as good as either Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction. Graphically, far more violent than either of those two, but the violence is exaggerated to the point where its not real, kind of like Kill Bill. Both Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction had scenes that made me squirm first time I saw them, in Sin City the more outrageous scenes just made me burst out laughing. Worth seeing, but doesn't have the impact that Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs had.

-Dave Z.

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Sparrow" <ksparrow@b...> wrote:
> Can you compare, contrast to either Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction?
Both

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM