RE: RARA-AVIS: Noir Without End

From: bruce@brucemakous.com
Date: 01 Apr 2005

Kevin said:
> I mean, the world is fucked, you're screwed, and everything goes to
> hell. Then next week, same noir time, same noir channel, the same
> characters do it all again? Huh?

True. But can't the consciousness that is uncovering the noirishness of the universe go from episode to episode, like Philip Marlowe, while the tragic noir hero or anti-hero has his or her tragic noirish arc and goes to hell?

Bruce Makous www.brucemakous.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM