RARA-AVIS: Re: Joseph Hansen month

From: Richard Moore ( moorich2@aol.com)
Date: 06 Mar 2005

Thanks for the link. The Brandstetter novels are similar in style and tone to the Lew Archer series. The personal life of Brandstetter, however, is very much a part of the series. He ages from book to book and his relationships change as well. It's one of the most satisfying aspect of Hansen's writing along with a nice touch for descriptions. Hansen was not a great plotter and some of the novels suffer in that respect.

I'm quite fond of the series.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, William Denton <buff@p...> wrote:
> I thought I had a few of Hansen's Brandstetter books on my shelf,
but it
> turns out I don't. I'll try to hunt down a copy of two to read.
>
> I don't recall it being mentioned that Hansen kept an online
journal/blog.
> Here's the URL:
>
> http://josephhansen.blogspot.com/
>
> The last entry, from last December, is from a friend saying that
Hansen
> had died. There are entries going back to June 2004 in the
archives,
> though. Some is related to writing, crime or other, and there are
entries
> on politics and reminiscences from youth and so on.
>
> Those of you who've read Hansen, how does his style fit into modern
crime
> writing? Is he in the Ross Macdonald school?
>
> Bill
> --
> William Denton : Toronto, Canada : http://www.miskatonic.org/ :
Caveat lector.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM