RARA-AVIS: Lawrence Block and Tilt

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 03 Mar 2005

The TV shows coming up today reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask: Has anyone been watching Tilt? I watched the first episode and found it ridiculous, and not in a good way. I almost turned it off altogether after the scene with the poker game in the backroom of the strip club. Two black men pulled out their guns after a contested hand. The dialog was possibly racist. Worse, it was terribly cliche.

Does it get any better? Do things improve when Block is the writer, not just the story editor, which happens in the fourth episode? I've taped the show through the fourth episode. Should I watch them or tape over them?

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM