RARA-AVIS: May guest of honour: Dennis Lynds

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 23 Feb 2005

Exciting news! Dennis Lynds will be the guest of honour for May!

I didn't know it, but it ties in with a new book: Crippen & Landru is publishing SLOT-MACHINE KELLY: THE ONE-ARMED BANDIT in May, about which Lynds said, "They reveal an almost perfect picture of my transformation from the light, flippant Slot to the serious Dan Fortune as I found how I wanted to use the detective as a searcher after social truths."

Lynds has worked under many pseudonyms, probably most famously as Michael Collins for the Dan Fortune novels (and other works) which are well-liked by rare birds. He's also been William Arden (of the Three Investigators books), Mark Sadler, I think Brett Halliday, and more.

He has a web site:

        http://www.dennislynds.com/

I'm sure many of you know him, or have talked to him at mystery conventions. I had a brief chat with him at Bouchercon--introduced by Mr. Smith--and enjoyed it very much. I think we'll be in for a very interesting and thought-provoking month. I hope everyone who can will find one of Lynds's books or stories on their shelves or in the library and give it a read, and join in the discussion.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~->