Re: RARA-AVIS: More Maltese Falcon

From: jobrien892@aol.com
Date: 10 Feb 2005

In a message dated 2/9/2005 11:04:37 PM US Mountain Standard Time, DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net writes:

> Well, Bill, if you ever do go to San Francisco, you do not want to call
> it Frisco. Natives hate that. Does anyone know why? I've always been
> curious.

No idea. Maybe an older generation cared but it didn't bother my friends and me. It might have originated with a very popular gossip columnist Herb Caen who wrote a book "Don't Call it Frisco". I lived there for the first twenty years of my life and can't recall if I ever actually heard anyone call it that.

Jeff in the desert - don't call it dessert

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM