RARA-AVIS: Re: Miami Purity by Vicki Hendricks

From: Charlie Stella ( CharlieOpera@aol.com)
Date: 08 Feb 2005

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, " Jeff O'Brien" <jobrien892@a...> wrote:

> Yet again another great recommendation from the rare birds, or one
> particular rare bird, Miker, who is getting to be my recommender of
> choice. First "Out" and now "Miami Purity". Another terrific book.
> cold blooded female protagonist who entrances you even as you want
> scream at her to stop what she's doing, knowing it can only end in
> disaster. A very quick great read. Thank you, Miker.
>
> Jeff in the desert

Miker has it right and so do you Jeff in the desert. Vicki is the Queen of Noir indeed. Miami Purity was wonderful, as are the rest of her works. Speaking of some great works, I just ordered Con Lehane's new one (What Goes Around Comes Around) and Duane S's (Secret Dead Men). Aint life great, yous rare birds?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Meet the McDonald¿s® Lincoln Fry get free digital souvenirs, Web-only video and bid on the Lincoln Fry prop charity auction. http://us.click.yahoo.com/RUJaMB/fV0JAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM