Re: RARA-AVIS: Books I couldn't finish

From: Charlie Stella ( CharlieOpera@aol.com)
Date: 07 Feb 2005

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "John A. Armstrong"
#1 slot. Never read a Higgins that I regretted cracking the cover.

> JAA

Higgins is the reason I started reading and writing crime fiction a long time ago. And I love Elmore Leonard's forward to a trade paper reprint of Eddie Coyle where he mentions how many genius agents & publishers ignored the book and for how long. Whenever I'm jammed for something, I reread Eddie Coyle and it's like a wake-up call. That said, you gotta read Boyos by Richard Marinick ... close as they come to Higgins (and from the same area).

And how 'bout that Richard Aleas (Charles Adai) shortlisting the Edgars? And one of his guys (Stansberry) ... talk about some quality buys ... at $6.99 a book! Way to go!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Meet the McDonald¿s® Lincoln Fry get free digital souvenirs, Web-only video and bid on the Lincoln Fry prop charity auction. http://us.click.yahoo.com/RUJaMB/fV0JAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM