RARA-AVIS: Ice Harvest - the movie

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 07 Feb 2005

I just picked up the Winter 2005 issue of FLM at my local Landmark Theater. The listing of upcoming films contained The Ice Harvest, which it describes as:

Director Harold Ramis's comic thriller takes moviegoers on a wild ride brimming with larceny, lust and lethal beavior. Charlie (John Cuzack), an attorney for the sleazy businesses of Wichita, and his unsavory associate Vic (Billy Bob Thornton), sucessfully embezzle two million dollars from a Kansas City mob boss (Randy Quaid). But the real prize for Charlie is the stunning Renata (Connie Nielsen),who runs the Sweet Cage strip club. Charlie hopes to slip out of town with Renata but finds himself in the midst of a twelve-hour Christmas Eve ice storm full of surprises. Co-starring Oliver Platt.

That does not sound like the book I read. For instance, I remember a hell of a lot of dark humor in Scott Phillips's book, but I certainly would not call it a "comic thriller." And that sounds like a lot more plot than I recall. That's what I liked so much about the book, that it didn't seem like a plotted story, but a rambling ride along with Charlie as one thing after another sidetracked him from leaving town.

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM