Re: RARA-AVIS: Femme Fatale

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 03 Feb 2005

Jim wrote:

"My recollection [of Last Seduction], though, is that it is clearly told from the perspective of the sap. Business as usual."

You need to see it again, Jim. Linda Fiorentino is clearly the POV character. She is on-screen for pretty much the entire movie. We see all of her behind-the-scenes manipulations, whereas we only see Peter Berg, the sap, when he is reacting to her manipulations. That's what makes it different from Body Heat. Sure, femme fatale Kathleen Turner not only survives, but triumphs, but the film is really the story of the sap, William Hurt.

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM