Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Nina Zero

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 31 Jan 2005

Kevin Burton Smith wrote:

Are you sure you've read the books? I haven't read all of them, but in all the ones I've read it's her inner toughness (arguably what makes a character hard-boiled) that helps her persevere, not some over-boiled macho comic book bravado. You make her sound like Don Pendleton's Executioner...

********** I've only read SHOOTING ELVIS. My flippant remark about "torturing her all night long but give her an opening and she'll kick your ass, drag a Harley off the ground and ride it through a ring of fire" was actually a semi-accurate description of the action in the novel. Alright, she doesn't ride through a ring of fire, but in this same short span, after being tortured all night long, she shoots her boyfriend, and blasts somebody from the Harley in a car chase.

Don Pendleton's Executioner is a damned pussy compared to Nina Zero. OK, I should probably read Pendleton before saying that.

With this sort of action-figure comic book repertoire, I'm not overly compelled to get in touch with the inner Nina. Bad call on my side, perhaps.

miker

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM